- 1/8 cup split Urad daal (with skin)
- 1/8 cup split moong daal (with skin)
- 1/8 cup tuvar daal
- 1/6 cup chana daal
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tomato
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker put all the lentils. Add chopped green chilies, ginger garlic paste , chopped tomato, salt and water (twice the measure of daals or as per your desired consistency).
- Let it cook on medium flame till 3 whistles. Lower the flame and let it cook for 1 more whistle.
- For tadka, heat ghee in a pan. After ghee is heated, add cumin seeds, dry red chilies and asafeotida. Let the seeds splutter. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and coriander powder. After few seconds add cooked daal.
- Let it simmer for a minute.
- You can try this recipe with any combination of lentils. I prefer having chana daal in slightly higher ratio than other lentils.
Till my next post,
Bye and keep budding.