This recipe uses frozen pastry sheets, easily available in stores. So, don't forget to add pastry sheets to your grocery list.
The stuffing is our favorite... Aloo!
Ingredients: (makes 2)
- Pastry puff sheets: 1 (or two based on their size)
- Potato: 2 small (boiled)
- Onion: 1/2 small (finely chopped)
- Red Chilly powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala: 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/2 tsp
- Salt : to taste
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Time required for thawing will vary based on weather, so adjust time as per your best judgement.
- Mash potatoes. Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Now line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut pastry sheet as per your desired shape and size. Place it on tray.
- Spread some stuffing on half of each sheet. Do not over stuff. Fold the sheets and press lightly at edges to seal them. You can create a nice pattern with fork to seal the edges.
- Bake in preheated oven at 410 degree F for 18 mins. You may have to adjust the baking time. I suggest bake for 15 mins first and then keep baking for 2 mins till they turn light golden.
- You can brush some butter or oil on outer surface of sheets.
- You can experiment with stuffing.
Hope you will try this recipe.
Till my next post,
Bye n Keep Budding.